Costume Cave

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Costume Cave

Costume Cave

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for costumers helping costumers.

4 posters

Plague Doctor (Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood)

squidglue
    squidglue

Plague Doctor (Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood) Empty Plague Doctor (Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood)

Post  squidglue Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:39 am

My husband is currently working on a Plague Doctor cosplay from AC: Brotherhood. As of this current moment, he only has the mask and hood mostly done. But I did buy him some leather the other day, so hopefully he will be making the gloves and belt sometime soon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    MrFreeman
    MrFreeman

Plague Doctor (Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood) Empty Re: Plague Doctor (Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood)

Post  MrFreeman Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Looking good! Though I'm seeing a lot of nicks and fingernail imprints on the mask. While the reference photo shown doesn't seem to be perfectly smooth, I wonder if you could go over some of those with some sort of coat and make them look a little less visible.

Either way, it's such a small flaw, the costume together as a whole will definitely make up for it. Can't wait to see more progress!
    TK6189
    TK6189
    Admin

Plague Doctor (Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood) Empty Re: Plague Doctor (Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood)

Post  TK6189 Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:46 pm

I'm with rob on this. I think a quick sanding and spray with clear coat will do the trick to fix it however.
    zero-jt
    zero-jt

Post  zero-jt Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:11 pm

I have a friend who went to Venice and actually picked up a plague mask. Ill get him on the horn to send me some shots of it so you can see how they should look finished.
    squidglue
    squidglue

Post  squidglue Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:53 pm

Actually the nicks/cuts/whathaveyou were done on purpose. It is harder to tell in the smaller picture. But in the close up of the mask, it has some sort of texture to it kinda like a paper mache look. But he didn't want to do paper mache, he wants something that would hold up a little better so he went with resin (I believe) instead.

I'll see if I can find my other reference pic, so you guys can know what I am talking about.
    TK6189
    TK6189
    Admin

Post  TK6189 Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:04 pm

Interesting. Not that the AC design team is famed for their accuracy but normally plague doctor masks were made from mache and then sealed on the outside with some sort of plaster or lacquer. All of the historical ones i have seen have been glass smooth. That aside it looks like he got the shape in comparison to the pic spot on. Its going to look great with the finished costume either way.
    zero-jt
    zero-jt

Post  zero-jt Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:09 pm

TK6189 wrote:Interesting. Not that the AC design team is famed for their accuracy but normally plague doctor masks were made from mache and then sealed on the outside with some sort of plaster or lacquer. All of the historical ones i have seen have been glass smooth. 

My friend doesnt have a camera, but Ive seen it up close and I can confirm what tk is saying. The mask is made of plaster and then sealed with something. I dont know what they use, but his mask definitely had a shine to it.

Your work on it looks great right now. keep it up
    TK6189
    TK6189
    Admin

Post  TK6189 Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Shiny like this Very Happy
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:00 am