Costume Cave

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Costume Cave

Costume Cave

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for costumers helping costumers.

2 posters

Picking Between Different Sources

murriepurrie
    murriepurrie

Picking Between Different Sources Empty Picking Between Different Sources

Post  murriepurrie Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Have any of you guys had trouble deciding between different sources when it comes to picking your costume design? For example there might be some costume differences between the anime and manga or even figurine.

Im currently trying to pick from the Street Fighter comic and video game.

teawitch
    teawitch

Picking Between Different Sources Empty Re: Picking Between Different Sources

Post  teawitch Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:53 pm

for all my formulating and no follow-through, i dont feel entirely qualified to say...
    but it depends on how i feel about the costume. i'll tend to make lists of what's involved in each and then cross it with whatever data i can find on what's been worn the most, against potential costs.
    cat
    murriepurrie
    murriepurrie

Post  murriepurrie Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:03 pm

Wow that sounds like a complicated process teawitch. I guess the best bet would be to go for most recognizable or popular design, but Im out of the loop of the street fighter fandom so im really not sure on alot of things.

There are some designs that change immensely between anime and manga. Things like clamp will be covered with lots of tiny details while other references are alot simpler. I understand its because of animation costs and speed, but I caught myself on several occasions wondering if its even the same character or not (allanimecharacterslookthesame)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:29 am